I HAVE A FEW THOUGHTS ON THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION. THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT SO MUCH ON WHY TRUMP WON, AS ON WHY HILLARY LOST. Although, these things are connected, as we will see as I voice my uneducated opinion on the matter. These thoughts will be somewhat scattered and written as they come to mind. Before I start, I will say this, I am not a fan of Donald Trump and am in no way elevating him to any kind of star status. That being said, here goes.
1. Hillary didn't talk to people. She talked at people. And she held her rally's in the cities and brought in "Stars" to help her with her message. Donald talked to the people and often held his rally's in small rural areas and wanted to know what the people were thinking.
2. Many years ago, probably before the 1970's, but definitely in the 1970's a movement was started to protect the environment. Many of the people involved, ranchers, farmers, loggers, etc, got on board with this movement, as they were in the process of protecting the environment any way, as the earth provided them a living and so they believed this philosophy. It took a few years for them to realize that this movement was not in their best interest, as these groups wanted them off the land and wanted to turn it back to what, in their minds, was the pristine land like it was in the Garden of Eden. So began the conflict. This movement has continued through the decades and the environmental groups gained more power and voice in Washington, adding to the woes of the people. During the 8 years of the Obama administration, things have escalated to the point that the people have had enough. Some examples. The gun control lobby. President Obama, and Hillary Clinton, along with many other politicians wants to get rid of guns. Period. When this didn't happen, They, through some environmental rule, closed down the mines that produced lead, thus making it difficult to produce ammunition, making ammunition difficult to purchase. It also put people out of work. They also, through environmental rules, closed down coal mines, again putting people out of work. The democratic congress passed the Affordable Health Care Act/ AKA Obama Care. This was supposed to make health care possible for every one. But no one could actually tell you what it contained. Now, it has gotten so expensive, that people's insurance premiums have increased many fold. In Arizona, the insurance companies are pulling out and there are people who can't get insurance as of January 1 at any price.
3. The government keeps adding rules and regulations to ranchers, farmers, loggers, miners and businesses to the point that they become bogged down in paper work and fees that make it almost impossible to do business.
4. Hillary had stated that she would continue the Obama care program. She would keep the mines shut down. She stated that she wanted to institute the Australian program on guns; which is a "buy back" program, where citizens would turn in their guns for a monetary return. She stated, when the Supreme Court upheld a police officers right to have a gun in Washington D.C. that they Court was wrong. When told that this was a constitutional right according to the 2nd amendment, she said then we need to re write the constitution. She toned this down somewhat in the debates, but she is on record for that remark and belief.
5. Now to Donald Trump. He is a brash person, with a vulgar mouth. He is not a racist. He has said he wants to stem the flow of people coming into the United States until they are vetted and when they do it legally. He has said that he will overturn Obama care. he has said that he will uphold the constitution, including the 2nd amendment. He has said that he will revamp the tax code and lower taxes. He has said that he will build a wall on the Southern border. he has said that he will create jobs and bring jobs back to America. He has not insulted Women. He has insulted specific women. Do I agree with that? No. I do not believe that he is a racist. I do believe he makes statements that he can do as a business man, but cannot do as a President who has to work with congress.
6. So let's look at some of the things he said he will do. Will he overturn Obama Care. I believe so. It is an unpopular program and the house has already tried to do this but President Obama vetoed the bill. The problem here is what the government will come up with to replace this act.
Fixing the taxes. Can he fix this? Yes. Will it get done? We will see. Much was made during the campaign about Donald not paying any taxes. The media also admitted that what he did was legal. How? Every time a President says they will raise taxes on the wealthy, the politicians in office come up with a loop hole to hide their money. Only the wealthy has enough money to make use of these loop holes, but they are there for the use of all of us, if we qualify, which most of the middle working class don't have. So, the bulk of the taxes fall to the working man or woman, while the rich get richer and the poor just hold out their hand. So, while Donald may be able to fix the taxes, congress may not let him, as it will affect them and their pocket book. We need to watch and see if they will work with him on this.
7. Donald said that he would put the miners back to work. He said that he would reduce the regulations on the working people and maker it easier to do business.I believe he will do this. I do not believe he will build a wall, but he will look at emigration and revamp some of that. He resonated with the people, in that they have had enough of government in their lives and liked what he said. They didn't like what Hillary said. There are millions of responsible gun owners in the United States that enjoy sport shooting or hunting that would never use a gun in the manner of Sandy Hook. When "One" person takes a gun an wrecks havoc, the gun control people holler gun control. That is just one person, but it makes news. The millions who do not do this are never in the news.
8. Bernie said after the election that congress would work with Donald Trump, unless he tried to overcome environmental rules etc. While Bernie and others have their opinion, they need to pay attention to why Donald was elected and what the people want. He, and others, may find their own future election in jeopardy if they oppose a lot of the reforms that Donald said he would bring about. if they really want to work with him, then do that and bring about change that will put the people back to work.
9. Environmental rules are great and necessary. I believe in protecting the environment. I don't believe in using environmental rules to bring about personal agendas which end up putting people out of work or causing companies to relocate out of the country.
10. Trade? I don't really understand all I have heard about international trade, but I think that trade deals are necessary. I just have to rely on someone else for any information on this.
11. So will the Trump Presidency be better than a Hillary Presidency. I have to say yes. I repeat, I am not a big fan of Trump, but I believe the way he wants to take the Country is a better direction that Hillary would.
12. A final comment. Gary Johnson received a few million votes nationwide. The problem with him was that he didn't have the financial backing to Cross the country and present his message. In order for him to get his message out, he needs to start now and build a fund so that the Libertarian party becomes a force to be reckoned with in future elections. he needs to build the party to the point that he or whoever runs for office can get on the debate stage. Will this happen? I don't know. Can it happen? Yes. Time will tell. I may make further comments on a later blog, but this is enough for now.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK