Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

HALLOWEEN:  LIKE IT OR NOT?  There has been a lot on the news lately about this being the Halloween season and the time to see scary movies.  There was even a special report on the local NBC station this morning on what scary movies to allow your children to see and at what age they could see what movie.  OK    here is my opinion.  I used to love going to the movies.  My wife and I saw a lot of movies when we were growing up.  Good movies. Entertaining movies.  Comedy's, Drama, even a musical from time to time.  Musicals like Oklahoma and South Pacific.  Western's and military war movies.  I even saw, what was a few scary movie's for the time period, but I did not particularly like them. I only remember walking out on one movie, though, and that was a movie based on an Edgar Allen Poe story called   The Fall of the House of Usher.  Now I am an old man, and I still like a good movie. The problem is, there aren't any good movies. Now, they are all slash and burn, violent scenes and foul language.  Even the so called comedy's are not much more that bathroom potty mouth humor and I don't like that.  When you have to sit through a 90 minute movie with 45 minutes of it being nude scenes and cuss words, you really can't enjoy the other 45 minutes. And as for the scary movies, why would you want to go see a movie that is going to scare you and cause  you to have night mares?  Nope, I like to be entertained, but I don't like to be scared to death or bored to death, or embarrassed to the point of being squirming uncomfortable. So, I'll just read my books and watch the few TV shows that I can stand to watch and leave the rest to you.   AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK 

1 comment:

  1. You guys could watch Nightmare Before Christmas on Netflix... :)

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need