Monday, September 15, 2014

TO WATCH OR NOT

THAT IS THE QUESTION.  Recently I saw on a facebook post a question about who still wears a watch?  The answers were varied with most, it seems, saying they did not wear a watch.  It seems that most depend on their cell phones for the time.  And that is fine with me, although I still do wear a watch and use it on a regular basis. So, this brings up a question to my simple mind for any of you who may read this post that did not see the facebook post.  Do you wear a watch or not?
I can only assume that most of you saw the news report about the new I phone coming out and in conjunction with that the announcement of an I watch that will be coming out sometime in the near future.  This watch will connect you to the internet, you can surf the internet, get e mails, make on line purchases, it will monitor your heart rate and your pulse. It will have a GPS to tell you where to go and how to get there. And all of this right on your wrist. I don't think Dick Tracy or even Maxwell Smart envisioned something like this.  Would I buy one.  No, not even if I had the money to do so.  But the main question that comes to mind is    WITH ALL THIS, WILL THE THING TELL YOU THE TIME.  
After all, it is called a watch, and isn't that the purpose of a watch, after all. To keep time.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need