Thursday, September 18, 2014

DO YOU OR DON'T YOU

THAT IS THE QUESTION? OH! what is the question, you ask.  Well, election is coming up in a few weeks.  Even though there are a number of political parties that will be on the ballot, the primary candidates will be Republican or Democrat.  So, do you vote a straight ticket or not? Yes, that is the question.  Here in the Land of Enchantment, we have the incumbent Governor, a Republican, and a Woman and A Hispanic running to be reelected.  On the Democratic side we have a man who is the State Attorney General.  The Governor has close to $4 million dollars in here campaign war chest.  Her opponent has just over $100 thousand.  And he is running far behind in the polls.  He is not a popular candidate, even in his own party and in a State that votes primarily Democrat.  Why is he so far behind.  well, I don't know. But he recently paid a visit to the city near where I live and the hype surrounding his coming said for all Good Democrats, Republicans and Independents to come out and listen to him and join in whatever they had going while he was here.  I guess the bad ones of those listed above aren't welcome.  But one person said to come out and join them and then to vote for the complete Democrat slate in November.
Well, I didn't go. But I have to say here, in the 5 decades that I have been eligible to vote, I have never, and I repeat never, voted a straight ticket.  I know many who have, on both sides of the aisle. And I have to wonder, why? Many years ago I was approached by a staunch Republican and encouraged to vote for the Republican that was running for the Governor office that year.  I liked the Democrat candidate and intended to vote for him. ( I Did)  But when I ask the above mentioned staunch man, I ask him why I should not vote for the Democrat and he said, Why, because he's a Democrat. Well, Duh. Just because someone is a Democrat or a Republican does not automatically make them the best candidate for the office.  I have voted for Democrats in the past and will do so again in the future, probably in the upcoming election. But I will vote for the Republican candidate for Governor. She is not a perfect governor, and I don't suppose there is such a critter on this earth, but she is pretty good.  I encourage each and every one to vote for the best person they feel is qualified for the office and not for the party they belong to.  AND THAT IS THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

1 comment:

  1. Nope. Never. And I wish they would get rid of the option on our ballots. Drives the ever lovin' snot out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need