Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DO YOU REMEMBER

IN A DECADE NOT SO FAR AWAY, AND THE NOT SO DISTANT PAST: But farther back than the memory of my grandchildren, and maybe even some of my children, a president resigned from the presidency because he was caught spying on people. He was a Republican.  I am not writing this post to hash over all that took place with him and his consorts back then.  It is ancient history. I just brought it up as a way of reminding us of what happened during that time. A quote says that history repeats itself, and I wonder if it may be doing that now.  The Infernal Revenue service spying on groups, delaying their applications over a word in the title of their group.  Spying on news reporters.  Boy, that got the media's attention. 
Now, there is political posturing on both sides of the aisle.  Instead of trying to do what is the best for the country and it's people, the opposing parties seem only to point at each other and try to make the opposite party look bad. Fingers are being pointed.  The President says he won't stand for things and calls it Republican posturing.  The Republicans are blaming the President and his cohorts of cover ups.  In my Ditch Bank viewpoint, I think they are both right. And both wrong.  But in any case, they neither one are concerned about the country.  And Nancy Pelosi recently said that the Obamacare bill was lowering insurance premiums. I ask, how can she know.  Most of the bill doesn't even kick in till next year. I do know that my retirement insurance premium has went from $106 a month 4 years ago to $260 a month now, 4 years later.  I know that my Medi Care insurance premium went from $90 a month to over $100 a month now.  And less is being paid.  We will wait and see what happens on this one, but I fear the worst, and hope for the best. 
In that not so distant decade, there was watchable TV shows and movies we actually looked forward to attending.  Now, we refuse to go to a movie and we watch very little TV.  Most of the shows are not only vulgar, but stupid.  The so called comedys aren't even funny.  Except in a potty mouth kind of way. 
Well, I got those things off my chest.  And THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCHBANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need