Thursday, June 24, 2010

View From The Ditch bank

ARE YOU PART OF THE LUMP? You now the one I mean. Every one does. You Don't? Oh! well, then, I'll tell you. It is that lump of Every One. As in: Wal-mart has a new commercial out advertising the new game Mario for the Wii. The one, according to Wal-Mart, that Every One has been waiting for. Now I don't own a Wii, and I wasn't even aware that this game was coming out for the Wii, much less have I been waiting for it. But still I am part of the lump of Every One has been waiting for this game. Oh! I know, that is advertising. And advertisers want Every One to think that their latest product is the One that Every One has been waiting for. And they are not alone. The media, local or national, are the same. How many times have you turned on the news to hear, "Now the details on the story Every One has been talking about; or Every One has been waiting for, some times even breathlessly waiting for. Uh! no, actually I was about to reach the gagging point on Hearing the Latest details on the death of Michael Jackson, or Farah Fawcett, or the latest details of Tiger Woods infidelities, or his struggles to regain his prowess on the golf course, or the latest escapades of other "Celebrities or politicians". Or the one that; a small lie won't hurt, cause Every One does it. Or; you can speed a few miles over the speed limit and the cops won't bother you, cause, well, you know, Every One does it. No, not Every One does it. And, No, I am definitely not part of the lump. And I resent being "Lumped" into a group that I have no wish to be a part of, just cause some advertiser or media person or individual, thinks I belong there. Along with millions of other people world wide who probably don't belong there, or even want to, if they knew they were lumped in the Every One group. And I am sure Every One would agree. Maybe if I start a revolt against the lump, Every One will join in and we can get this lump removed. Naw, I didn't think so. And That's The View From The Ditch Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need