Monday, January 27, 2014

WORD GAMES

HOW GOOD ARE YOU?  At word games.  I was never good at cross word puzzles. Just a little fact that any who know me are probably aware of.  Some have told me that you just need the patience to work them.  Well, OK, so I'm not a patient person. Another fact those who know me can attest to.  But in addition to patience, you need some knowledge of things going on.  And the knowledge I had usually wasn't addressed in cross word puzzles.  Now, the television show Jeopardy, there was a time that I could answer many of the questions.  I even pride myself, and only to myself before just now, that there was a time that I might have even been able to win a game.  But now.  Not a chance. The questions being ask on the current jeopardy shows deal a lot with all things Holly wood and I just have no knowledge of current movies and plays, I have no interest in knowing most of what is now called entertainment and the things that pass for comedy on the TV shows.  I know my children and grandchildren thrive on a lot of this, but I am clueless by choice. Still, I watch the news and Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune and a few other shows, but for the most part, I have little interest in the current things that pass for entertainment.  So, I will watch the word games, shun the cross word puzzles, and watch Ree cook on TV.  She has good words.  Like Steak and Potatoes. And Pasta salads and other good words like that.  And THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need