MY COMMENTS ON A COUPLE OR FOUR THINGS THAT HAVE RECENTLY BEEN ON THE NEWS, OR SOMEWHERE:
1. THE NATIONAL PARKS ARE RACIST: What? How can a National Park be racist? Well, it seems that a survey was taken and the majority of people that attend National Parks are Anglo. So called minorities are in the minority when it comes to attending the National Parks. Now, they are not restricted from attending. They are welcomed in if they come. They just don't come. Why? Well, the news people didn't really say. Just that non-white people didn't attend, so that makes the Parks racist. All I can say is, Bull. Maybe they just don't want to be there. Maybe they have other things they want to do. If the news people are going to run a story like that, then interview a respectable number of people to get a reason why?
2. A QUESTION ON THE NEWS; ARE PILOTS GETTING TOO DEPENDANT ON ELECTRONIC CONTROLS, THUS CAUSING ACCIDENTS. Hummmmm. My opinion. I don't fly enough to judge and I am not a pilot. But, are we as a people getting to dependant on these electronic controls in our automobiles. And I am not talking completely about the controls that operate the car. I am also mentioning Smart phones and ignorant people that think that a car can drive itself while the talk and text on said phones.
3. RACISM: This maybe should have been number 2. Just my opinion on racism. I think people like Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey do more to set back the racial issue than most of the "run of the mill" people, regardless of their race.
4. THE DEBT CEILING: President Obama, in a news cast, said that people are not understanding. Just because the debt ceiling is raised, doesn't mean the national debt will go up. Well, technically, he is correct. But the debt ceiling, according to him, has been raised 100 times. I can assure you that the debt never went down during any of those raisings. When the ceiling is raised next month, and I can assure that it will be, in spite of the protests of those in the house, the debt will go up.
5. AND ON TO MICHELLE: Michelle Obama, who I don't like to side with particularly, is on a health kick. You know, healthy meals for school kids and now she wants people to drink water. Well, I agree with the healthy meal thing, and my kidney Dr. requires me to drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day. Milk, juice or any thing else liquid is not part of that 2 liters. So I agree with her. My fingers almost cramped. So why this post. Well, it seems that Michelle has angered the environmentals. UH Why? Don't they like water? Well, yes, but they want you to drink tap water and part of Michelle's program requires bottled water and the environmentals don't like bottled water. Well, I drink tap water when I am home, but it is hard to do when I travel, so bottled water it is. And I assume that to be true for a lot of people. Maybe even an environmentalist or three. And her program does call for the use of water bottles that are used many times over and are environmental friendly. They actually have such things? Well, guess I'll end this post and go get a drink. Of Water. And THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK