Wednesday, September 25, 2013

THE GOVERNMENT

SOME GOVERNMENT THINGS ON MY MIND:   I am using red print cause the government is in the red.  I may change colors during the post, if the feeling to do so occurs.

OK   it occured.  I have several ideas for a post, but think I will do a few government type posts and save the others for a later post.  So on with the view.  Mine, not the TV one.

Where to start. I guess I will kick it off with Nancy Peloci.  Always good for a kick,  uh, off.
The Pelosi said on national TV, that there was no where to cut any expenses.  The budget is cut to the bare bone already and that the people just had to understand that.  Uh, no, I don't think so.  I think she said that, no, I know she said that, cause I saw the report when she said that.  No to that there are no places to cut the budget.  Lots of them.  I will mention two.  In my opinion, of course.  Voice yours if you so desire.  On budget cuts as well as Pelosi's statement.

The new health care program  AKA Obama Care.  This law, in spite of the Ted Cruz filibuster, will kick in next week.  Should it be defunded?  I don't really know.  I do know there are some good things in the bill.  People won't be denied insurance.  People with pre-existing conditions can't be denied insurance.  That is a good thing.  What I don't like is that people are legally bound to get insurance, even if they don't want it or can't afford it.  If they don't get insurance, they will be fined. If they can't afford insurance, can they afford to pay the fine? And affordability aside, I don't like the government telling me ( I have insurance ) that I HAVE to buy insurance or be fined.  And the price of this insurance?????  Probably yet to be determined, although Nancy Snyderman is trying on the NBC nightly news to convince people that they can afford it.  Kinda.  Different rates for different States, she says, and the more money you make and the older you are, the more it costs.  Final opinion to be determined, but I think there could be a lot of gevernment money cut here.

And last.   The Post Office.  Right now the Post Office delivers mail 6 days a week.  Sunday's off.  But the postal workers work only 5 days a week, so there has to be employees working every day to cover.  WHO REALLY NEEDS POSTAL SERVICE ON SATURDAY?  Now, I said Needs, not wants.  Who really needs it?  Large corporations? I think not.  Even though these company's may work 24/7, the peopel who get mail delivery do not work on Saturday. And the government? Shoot, they don't even work half the time during the week, much less on Saturday.  Nope, cut Saturday mail delivery and the service will need less employees.  Now, I am not advocating the firing or lay offs of a large number of federal employees from the postal service.  But if this cut was made, then through attrition, the required number of employees would eventually be reached.  Of course, the postal service would have to be required to not fill open positions left by those individuals who left the service through this process. 
I would venture a guess that there are many other branches of the civilian services that could do the same thing, regardless of what Nancy Pelosi says.

Of course this same process could filter down to local and State governments.  What a novel idea.  And speaking of novels, a book could be written on this, but I won't.  Maybe a poem.

AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need