THINGS THAT MAKES A PERSON JUST SHAKE THEIR HEAD: Well, me any way. this is the third post of things I just don't seem to understand, or that just make me shake my head in wonder, or disgust, or just plain I Don't Understand. Some of these things have been in the news and some on facebook.
1. This issue has been posted and re posted on facebook and most people feel like I do. That issue is the New York Librarian who punished, or banned, a boy for winning the summer reading contest because he had won for the last 5 years. Well, Duh!. He likes to read. So the next winner will be picked by a drawing of all who enter the contest. Wonder how that would work at the Olympics, or the Super Bowl or the World Series. Boy, can't you just see the reaction to that. And I think the Librarian is just wrong.
2. Here in the good old State of New Mexico, in Albuquerque, a photographer was taken to court and fined $7000.00. For invasion of privacy? Nope, for refusing, on religious grounds, to photograph the wedding of a same sex couple. The couple found another photographer without any trouble, but filed the law suit any way. OK, their priviledge. But for a judge in a court of law to actually agree with the couple and fine the lady for refusing to photograph them is just wrong. And an abuse of power, in my opinion.
3. The news recently reported that peoples incomes have gone down since 4 years ago. And I needed the news to tell me that? Duh.
4. A military trial recently put a man, Badley Manning in prison for a long time. But Mr. Manning said he is not a man, but a woman and would now be called Chelsea Manning. The military put him in a male prison and will not go along with him on what he wants. Why do the news people insist on calling him Chelsea. Come on, don't do that. Call him Bradley. Or stupid.
5. A car manufacturer is advertising a car that is so smart that it can see accidents before they happen. Well, not really, but it can see and evaluate an accident before the driver does. And take appropriate action. Well, good. But it seems to me that when the car wants to do one thing and the driver wants to do something else, that will cause an accident as the car and driver have conflicting actions. Who will win. Probably neither. Or the body shop.
6. This one is an ongoing theme with me. And that is peoples worship of "celebraties". The most recent episode was people who waited in line on the Plaza for a week in order to see the band One Direction. OK they make music, but to wait in line for a week just to see them. No one is that good. No One.
7. Man Cave. What the heck is a man cave. And why the need for one? Guess I just don't understand the need to "get away" from the family scene.
8. Michelle Obama. Any one who knows me knows I am not a fan of the Obama's. But a recent article left me shaking my head. It said, as near as I remember, that Mrs. Obama's program to fight childhood obesity and have schools provide more healthy meals had failed. I don't know if that is fact or not, but that is what the article said. It went on to say that Michelle was now promoting drug use among children. She is promoting a song named Hip Hop Lean. Now, the article said, Maybe Mrs. Obama just wans't up on the language of the street. Hip Hop Lean is a type of drug. And the song is promoting it's use. According to the article. Maybe, it said, Mrs. Obama thought it was promoting lean eating. Don't know about her, but you couldn't prove it by me. I don't understand the drug scene and it's terms either.
9. A company is now promoting a washing machine that determines, as it washes, that your clothes are new, and it will wash them accordingly. The reason, they will remain looking like new. Hey, I want one of those. Buy a few new clothes and the washer will keep them new. Never have to buy any more clothes. Just wash them and let the washer take care of them. Yeah, right.
10. And finally. Did any one of you who may read this blog, watch the music award show last night. Me neither. But the news couldn't keep from showing and showing Miley Cyrus, over and over. Why? Not because of her singing, but her lack of clothes. She came on stage in not much of any thing and wound up with even less. Even a Victoria Secret model has on more clothes than Miley had on when she finished. Tamron Hall, NBC today show news lady, said "I just don't know what to say". well, Tamron, How about That is just disgusting.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK