Friday, October 22, 2010

The View From The Ditch Bank


DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE CLICK: I remember one time many years back, when I had been working in the mine for just a short time, An assistant foreman was watching me at my job and perceived I had done something wrong. I was a truck driver of a truck similar to the one in the picture. He pulled me aside and commenced to perform the proverbial chewing. After a bit, as I was explaining what had actually happened, it dawned on him what I was saying and that he was wrong in his perception. You could just see that light bulb click. It was gratifying to me to realize that he was wrong. I wondered why, though, he wouldn't apologise. Instead, he just mumbled a few more words, got in his pickup and drove off, leaving me to get back to work. Have you ever been in a similar situation. It sure is funny when it happens. except, of course, when it is you who comes to the realization that you are the one who is wrong. Still, there is that moment of "Click".
Well, now I am having more and more of those clicking moments. Oh! wait a minute. Maybe I am changing the subject a bit. But things are really clicking for me now a days. You know, in my knees, my hips and my elbows. Yep, clicking all the time. Now if I could just get the clicks in time with each other, maybe I could start a rhythm band. No? Well, guess you are correct. And That's The View From The Ditch Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need