Friday, October 8, 2010

The View From The Ditch bank

ALL I REALLY WANT IS: My wife and I belong to a couple of those big box warehouse type clubs. You know the ones. Where you can buy bulk items. There isn't one here in the little hamlet ( that's a small town, not a little pig ) where we live. And we haven't been to one for a while. And we are getting low on a few things. Like dish detergent. We use Dawn. No, this is not a commercial for Dawn. I'm sure whatever you use is just fine. We just happen to like Dawn. So, a few days ago, when we were in a big box store, ( a little brother to one of the big box warehouses ) we decided to buy a bottle of Dawn. Oh my gosh! What a choice. Now, they don't have the big bottles like we get at big brother. Just a regular size like you buy in a grocery store. But the choices. There were bottles of Dawn with Aloe, bottles that smelled like Cherries, or Lemons, or Oranges, or Cinnamon Apple, or Springtime or day time or like sunshine or a cold winter day. Well, maybe I made up that last one, but not most of them. The colors were yellow, orange, pink, blue, green, cloudy white, clear,and probably a few other colors and smells that I have forgotten about. Well, I don't know about you, but I don't need to use most of these. And I can dry my hands and then lotion if I want to. Does the dishwasher care what the detergent smells like? I think not. Maybe all those smells make working in a sewer plant more pleasant. No, I don't think so either. And there is one called original scent. After all this, which one is the original one. I don't remember. However, whether you wash dishes by hand like we do, or use a dishwasher like most people do, after all is said and done, I don't need detergent that smells like it came from the garden or an orchard, I just want dishes to be and smell clean. As in, no smell at all. And that's The View From The Ditch Bank

3 comments:

  1. And, if you decide to get something other than the original scent, (which is no scent really) you have to stand there for 1/2 an hour opening bottles and smelling them to see if you are going to get a migrain if you use one of them. And people walking by give you dirty looks. And if the company has sealed the bottle with one of those paper things across the opening then you for sure don't buy it because who knows what it smells like?

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need