Monday, December 14, 2009

View From The Ditch Bank

CRASH--Have you ever been woke up in the night to the sound of a crash? You get up and walk through the house, only to find nothing out of place. You look outside and see nothing wrong. Maybe you even opened the door to the Sound of Silence, at least if you live on a ditch bank that is what you would hear. Maybe a coyote yipping somewhere. In the city you would hear the sound of traffic and maybe a siren or three, but still the sound will be muted by the night. You go to bed and drift back to sleep, probably to never to find what woke you in the first place. Well, several days ago there was a crash in the night, and it was heard around the world. Yes, I am talking about Tiger Woods. Not the low speed crash of his SUV into a tree or fire hydrant, ( wasn't that vehicle badly damaged for a low speed crash? ) but the crash of his pedastal. Yes, the pedastal that he has been on for the last few years. Who put him there? I suppose his world wide adoring fans. He wasn't put there by the media, but they did help keep him there, reporting on his exploits and his "squeaky clean" image. He wasn't put there by his corporate sponsors, but they did captilize on it, enough to pay Tiger 90 Million Dollars a year. Tiger didn't put himself there, at least not intentionally, but he did cause the crash there of, by his actions. How will all of this play out. Don't know. For now, most of his fans are still supportive and waiting his return to golf. The media are reporting his every move, or lack of. Corporate sponsors are beginning to drop him and just how many do that, only time will tell. And me, well I have never played or watched a golf game in my life, and the demise from golf of Tiger will not affect me in the least. However I can acknowledge that Tiger is among the golf greats of the world. He is not a perfect person, as we all are not. He is not even a perfect golfer. Cause if he was he would win every game he played with 72 strokes or less. Mostly less. So what should happen. Well, his marriage problems should be solved by Tiger and Elin, not the media or Oprah. The sponsors will do whatever is best for the stockholders and the bottom line. The fans, accept that he is an imperfect human, admire his golf game when he returns, as I assume he will. Tiger will need to focus on golf when he plays and win in order to gain sponsors back. I think we should all just let him do that. Age; time or whatever will eventually take it's toll and he will advance to the senior level with Arnold Palmer, Jack Nickolas and other golf greats, and some other young player will take his place, hopefully to learn and avoid the pit falls that Tiger fell into. And eventually, if left alone, the pieces of the pedastal will be covered over with the sands of time and the exploits of Mr. Woods will live on in the annals of golfdom, as he takes his place, firmly planted on the ground. And that is the View From The Ditch Bank.

3 comments:

  1. Wynn is a golfer. LOVES it. I had never played though until this summer. Can I just say I LOVE PLAYING GOLF!!!

    Don't love Mr. Tiger's exploits however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to refrain from talking about mr. woods. I have been toying with a blog post about him, but at this point in my life I would not be as nice as you because, well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your blog! We have heard so much about him over here, it has been all over the news for weeks now! Personally I just wish the media would leave them alone so he can sort out his issues or at least attempt to with his wife regardless of the outcome. I believe at least SHE deserves the chance to try to work out where her family stands without the public scrutiny contantly. Especially with such young children. Of his actions, I will not comment.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need