Tuesday, May 29, 2018

MORE OBSERVATIONS

THE LONGER I LIVE AND THE MORE I OBSERVE THE HUMAN RACE, the more I wonder just how long things like this can go on.  And then I read the Bible and the things that went on with Sodom and Gomorrah and the Tower of Babel and I realize we still have a ways to go before we are struck down.  And then I observe the human race again and think, Maybe we don't really have that far to go after all.
Now, after that gloomy statement, I have to say I am really not that pessimistic. I know the world is sliding down, but there are a lot, and I mean a LOT of really good people around. In many countries.  In fact in most countries. I have observed the kindness of people as I went through an illness over the winter.  I observe the kindness in people as I watch the news, local and national and international. Now I will make a statement or two about things I have observed on a more personal level.
After saying what I did in the above statement about the news, I will say I really don't trust the news media. For the most part they are very biased, even though they would and will deny that.  As I said before, Donald Trump was not my choice for President. But he was elected President by the people. Not by the Russians but by the people.  So I would like to see some news reports on the things he is doing that are good, instead of looking and digging into his past for things that were bad.  Is he a good person. I really don't know.  He is brash and his language is not good.  Well, many past Presidents language was the same, they just controlled it more when in the public eye and in front of a Hot Mic.  OK  Nuff about Trump and the news for now.
Now a little about the local politics.  We have had a Republican governor for the past 8 years. She has done her best to keep the State budget in check and balanced without raising taxes. It has been a fight with the State legislature mostly Democrats, who mostly fight her and forget the people of the State.  Now we are in an election year. One lone republican is running for Governor. His ads focus on what he wants to do for the State and the people and he tells how he wants to do it.  There are 6 Democrats fighting it out to get elected for their party in the Primary election. One of them, not my choice, is saying what she wants to do for the people and the State.  The other 5 are blasting her and and blasting Trump and the NRA. None of the other 5 have any thing to say what they want to do for the people.  Well, they do. They want to raise taxes, raid the emergency fund and use if for their programs. They want to fund pre kindergarten and a lot of other things with this extra money.  One woman wants to legalize marijuana to raise funds for the State, pointing to Colorado who has a legal marijuana program and is raining money that way.  She fails to mention all the problems that has risen in Colorado because of it.  Problems we don't need here.
Well, guess I have ranted enough. Have a good day and a good week and how ever many more days or weeks until the next post.  
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need