Saturday, June 30, 2018

I'M GETTING BETTER

I SAY THAT BECAUSE IT HAS ONLY BEEN A MONTH THIS TIME since I last posted.  Today will be a short post about a few things that pertain to me. I will try to stay away from a political rant.  I will try. We will see by the end of the post how successful I was. 

1. Earlies this week my wife and I went to a city away from here for me to see a Dr. A dermatologist. After that visit, where he got a chunk of hide or four, we did a little shopping. as we were leaving the parking lot of the mall, we were in the exit and well exiting and a lady was on her way in. She was on a cell phone and nearly hit us head on cause she was entering the exit lane. Come on people, put down your phone and drive. Pay attention. The life you save may be mine.

2. We have a lot of Apricots on our tree.  Well, we had. We ate a lot. Gave a lot to neighbors and some to the tech's at the dialysis center.  We had 4 people say they wanted to come get some, but only one actually did.  Now, with the wind blowing them off the tree and birds eating on them, most of them are gone. A lot were wasted and we hat that, but people, if you want them, you have to come get them when they are ready. Time and Apricots wait for no one.

3. This year has been extremely hot and dry. While we are getting a little tired of the wind, actually while it is drying out the land even more, it is helping to keep the heat down to the high 90's level.  It takes an awful lot of water to keep the fruit trees alive, but we are trying.

4. The local community, of which we are a suburb, kinda, has been debating the possibility of authorizing off road vehicles, AKA, side by sides, to be on city streets. As in legalizing them. Man, that will be a disaster if that happens. The people here are already speeding and running stop lights and signs. I can hardly wait to see what happens when we have off road vehicles speeding around the city streets.

5. Finally I finish with a political rant.  I live in a "Covenant Community" AKA  a homeowners association. I really dislike these type of associations. They have the right to govern with out representation. If you don't live in one of these and someone suggests starting one, just slap them silly until they change their mind.  We got a letter that we needed to paint our trim and gable ends by the end of August.  I applied for a medical waiver for a time, but they have not chosen to answer me yet.  Will wait and see what they say. What ever it is, it won't be good. It doesn't matter how bad you may or may not think the federal government or your State or Local government is, homeowners associations are worse than that.

AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

1 comment:

  1. Off road vehicles? Oy with the poodles. That's weird.

    GEEZ! I hate HOAs. It's why we picked our neighborhood over a different one.

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need