Monday, February 8, 2016

WHO LIKES ICE CREAM>

I THINK THAT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS: But I do understand that there are people who do not. I don't know why they don't, but well, they don't. But this post is not about ice cream any way. It is about bowls. Super bowls, to be exact. Does every one know what a super bowl is? Well, there are several descriptions. One of them could reside in a bathroom. One of them could be a large bowl to eat ice cream, or cereal from. Like in a large bowl. And then there is the one that took place yesterday.  February 7th to be exact, in case you are reading this after February 8th. While I mentioned a few other types of bowls, I will talk a little bit about the super bowl game yesterday. 
I didn't watch the game. I have never watched a super bowl game. I don't see watching a game any time in the future. But I do follow the news items and a lot of it is about the advertising that goes with the game.  And the unbelievable amounts of money these companies pay to have these ads played on the TV for the "pleasure" of the viewing public. The Today Show played several of these ads today and the hosts, who are supposed to be grown up individuals, just cackled and carried on about these ads and how funny or endearing they were.  They especially liked the Dorito ad.  I found this one, as well as the others they cackled over, disgusting. I like Doritos, but if I had not ever ate them and thought I might like to, I sure wouldn't be enticed to do so from this ad. 
And can I just mention the half time show.  Well, this is my post, so yes, yes I can.  Once again, the Today show hosts just carried on and on about the half time show and how great it was and how great Beyonce' was and how this was a good place for her to showcase her new single that will soon be released. I listened to the "song", I use that word loosely, and I could not understand any thing she said, er sang.  I did see something on facebook about the song being an anti cop song. All I could hear was a lot of jumbled up noise.
Well, enough about that. I'll just keep a large bowl for ice cream and let others watch the foot ball game. 
Now I want you to notice I did not mention the tic race.  I am holding myself in on that, but I am not sure I can hold on much longer. After tomorrow I just may have to comment on things. I will try to be nice, but I assure you in advance, it will be difficult. 
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need