Tuesday, November 5, 2013

THE SUN ALSO SETS

THE END OF AN ERA:  I retired from my job as a miner in an open pit mine at the end of January 2009.  Since some of my children were writing blogs, they encouraged me to start a blog of my own. I said no.  I didn't feel that the world was interested in my daily activities, and I sure wasn't wanting to tell the world about them any way. Not that the world would be or is reading my blog.  However, on December 12, 2009, I started this blog, with the intention of posting my uneducated opinion of the things going on around me, with no posts about myself.  For the most part, I have stuck to that theme.  I have now decided to end that theme.  After a lot of thought, and I mean a lot, I have decided to end this blog theme.  No, not the blog, just the theme.  Well, not end the theme, just amend it a little.  So, in the future, the few of you that actually read this post, will see an occasional post that is of a more personal nature.  Maybe even a few pictures that I have taken, though not of family.  We will just have to see how far down I actully fall from the "lofty" ideal I set for myself when I started this blog nearly 4 years ago.  I say that a little tongue in cheek.  

Now, back to the business at hand.  Politics is always good for a post. Along with all the other things in the news.  Such as K Mart's announcement that they will open a 6 a.m. Thanksgiving morning and stay open for a long time to get a jump on Black Friday.  Others following suit. And that is just wrong, wrong,wrong.  I think all businesses should shut down on Thanksgiving day and not open until Friday Morning.  Black or not.  On the other hand, if people did not support these stores, they wouold not open.  So, stay home with family on Thanksgiving day, Sunday, or other  holidays and then the businesses will not open.  Yea! not gona happen.  Unfortunately.  So for now,  THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

3 comments:

  1. I love the "no shopping" movement that is coming up out of this. I hope it catches on and this is reversed. You know. In my dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even imagine wanting to go out that day. But then I've never Black Fridayed either, so there's that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and don't do Black Friday either. I think each store has a couple of whatever they put on sale to bring everyone in and charge above price for everything else to make up for whatever they put on sale. It is a crazy day and people stampede to get the one or two on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need