Friday, December 31, 2010

View From The Ditch Bank



HAPPY NEW YEAR: Those of you that know me well are aware that I don't make New Years Resolutions. I feel that if something needs changed, do it then, not wait weeks or months until the new year to make that change. Having said that, I will now say that I do feel that each one of us should have a time to reflect on what we have done, and what we still want to do, and perhaps make a course adjustment, if that is called for. Perhaps circumstances either under or beyond our control has come along to get us a little off track. So maybe you don't need to make a resolution, just make a course correction. I also think that this time of year is a good time to do that. MLWFAE and I recently decided that an increase in funds for a short time would be beneficial to some of the things that we have decided we want to do. So, when a job opportunity came my way, I signed up. I will be returning to the ranks of the employed soon. Officially, I am already hired and have went through some refresher training, just haven't been given a start date yet. This was not a new year's resolution, but a course adjustment that we decided to make. I have the option at my age to readjust that course as soon as I decide I want to. Resolutions that have no meaning or no real resolve are just useless time wasters. I recently read a tongue in cheek face book post of a friend that it was now time to start the diet/weight loss resolution that goes from Jan. 1 to Jan. 3. It seems to me that many new years resolutions go like that. I am not against true resolutions and changes made. I'm all for it. I just don't make them, for the reasons already stated. I hope that each of you will have a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year. And prosperous does not always mean money. Happy and healthy can make for a good year. Hope it happen's for each of us. And That's The View From The Ditch Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need