Tuesday, August 17, 2010

View From The Ditch Bank

WHEN I STARTED THIS BLOG--I thought I would blog two or three times a week, about current items in the news, with an occasional humorous item thrown in, and not repeating myself. I have several items to blog about, but instead find me repeating myself, somewhat. Those few of you that actually read this blog, know my political leanings. Just in case you don't, though, I am Republican, but will vote for a Democrat if I feel they are the best candidate. On that note, I have a few things to say about the current ladies vying to be the next Governor of New Mexico. I don't like politics and the games that are played. I know, they have been going on since the beginning of time, I guess. I still don't like them. And all parties play them. The Republicans, the Democrats, the Green party, the independents, the Tories and the Whigs. So, when the New Mexico Republican party tries to paint Diane Denish, The Democrat for Governor, with the Bill Richardson brush, I don't like it. Mrs. Denish was voted in on the party ticket, yes, but not as a running mate with Bill. And she has had her differences with Slick Bill. Having said that, I do not intend to vote for her.
Both she and Mrs. Martinez, the Republican candidate, agree that the State of New Mexico is Broke, and the government of New Mexico is broken, and both need fixed. What they don't agree on is how to fix it. Gov. Bill spent a lot of unnecessary State taxpayers money. Some of it was on a multi million dollar airplane. That wasn't needed. Both ladies have said they will sell the plane. Mrs. Denish says, however, that there are a lot of planes on the market, so she will wait until the market gets better. So, she continues the use of the plane as Governor, while we pay for the maintenance and the State absorbs the depreciation. So when the market is better, the plane isn't worth as much, cause it's an older used plane. it's already a used plane. Sell it asap. In fact, that's what governor Bill was for buying it in the first place. Mrs. Martinez, not having as much campaign money as her opponent, has TV ads telling what she will do. ( Both have kinda quit the dirty political sniping, kinda.) Mrs. Denish also has ads telling what she will do, but she always says "Even though my opponent continues her negative 'campaign against me, this is what I will do. Uh! I haven't heard a negative ad from the Republican in a long time. Just the little snipes from the Dem. And while the State in in financial difficulties, education has taken a hit. Mrs. Denish, though, brags how she, as Lieutenant Governor, expanded Pre-K education, she campaigns that she will expand it even further. If it goes much further, new borns will leave the hospital in a car seat, with a cell phone in one hand and a lap top in the other. And That's The View From The Ditch Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need