Thursday, October 31, 2019

TODAY'S THOUGHTS

I MAY HAVE TO JUST TITLE EACH OF MY POSTS WITH THAT TITLE; TODAY'S THOUGHTS. Even thought I will not be posting every day, when I do, that will be my thought for that day, even if I had the thought a week or so ago.  So, here is the thought for today.
I mentioned a while back that if the Democrats wanted a good candidate that I, a Republican, could consider voting for, look at the congresswoman from Hawaii. Namely, Tulsi Gabbard. However, she is so far back in the polls that she is not likely to qualify to even be on a debate stage. Then, out of the blue, she is mentioned by Hillary, of all people. And what did Hillary have to say?  Why she said that Gabbard was being groomed by the Russians for her run for President.  Now, why would Hillary even say that. In my sceptical mind, I really have to wonder why, since Tulsi was so far behind in the polls.  Does Hillary actually like her and was trying to bring her into the focus of the american public? Or was there something else going on that was getting to close to her, Hillary, and she was trying to divert attention away from her.  Hadn't heard any thing, but that doesn't mean there wasn't something there. The talking heads don't report every thing that is going on so I wonder.
I have one more thought for today.  Sometime back Matt Lauer was fired by NBC for sexual impropriety. Now, lets back up a few years. Ann Curry was promoted to be a co anchor with Matt Lauer in a time when co anchors were moving around. She didn't last long before she was no longer employed by NBC. Not a lot was said about why, but there was an indication that she didn't get along with Lauer. Now, just a couple of weeks go, Matt Lauer was mentioned in a news item on NBC and a list of improprieties was reported on by his friends that now hold the job he was fired from. Meredith Vieira who worked with Matt and seemingly got along with him, was told by the woman who reported Matt to the powers that be first told her story to Meredith, and was advised by her to report him. She did and he was gone. Now, in the recent story on the news, Apparently Ann Curry tried to report him back when she worked with him and that resulted in her termination from NBC.  while some didn't, I liked Ann and suspected that Matt was the reason for her termination. Now that that has come out for public consumption, I feel that NBC owes her at the least an apology. A public apology.
I guess that is enough for today  from THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need