Friday, March 22, 2019

OH! What a tangled web

I ASSUME YOU HAVE ALL HEARD THE EXPRESSION; OH! WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE, WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE.   SEEMS TO ME THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.
I have a lot to get to today so bear with me. Or not. I may even get tired and turn this into two posts. We will see. This will be a post of things on the news; political and just because I am old and have observed life for a long time and formed an opinion on things. Rightly or wrongly as it may be. We will see on that also.  So, by the number and in no particular order.
1. The girl on the bridge. You know the one. She was 16 years old at the time and she, along with some of her friends were on a bridge 60 feet above a river and apparently it was the practice for teenagers for some time to go there and jump off the bridge into the river below. This girl was perched on the ledge and then got scared and didn't want to jump, so a friend pushed her into the river and she broke several ribs and punctured a lung. She spent some time in the hospital. Now the friend has pleaded guilty in court and given a punishment. No jail time. The girl that was hurt wants revenge, as it were. She wants the friend who pushed her to spend as much time in jail as she had to spend in the hospital. My thought.  If I remember correctly, ( this has not been mentioned lately) there was a law or ordinance that prohibited them from even being on the bridge to start with. So, shouldn't the girl that was pushed be punished also for even being there and contemplating jumping? So, she was hurt by someone else's choice, but still it was her choice to be there and contemplating to do that. She should bear some responsibility for those actions. 
2. For over two years Robert Muller has been investigating President Trump and a Russia connection or collusion. What will he come up with. I don't have a clue, and it will be interesting to see. One thing that has been mentioned was the possibility that Trump, prior to the election, was discussing with Putin or Russia about building a Trump tower in Moscow. Trump even mentioned that pre election day and said that the talks fell through. Seems to me he was up front about that. What else will there be????  Don't know, but I have seen two separate news reports that said this came out of the Muller investigation. One was that Greg Craig, I think that is his name, a white house advisor to President Obama is now under investigation for something doing with Russia. Also coming out is that the Ukraine did some collusion of some kind against Trump in favor of Hillary Clinton pre election and that is also being investigated. Seems like a lot of collusion was done and not all of it on Trumps side.  Is Trump innocent? Probably not, but then neither are a lot of those in politics. Did I vote for Trump? Yes. Did I vote for him because of Russia Collusion? Nope. Never heard of Russia collusion until after the election. I voted for him for the same reason most others did who voted for him. I was tired of the Clintons and there shenanigans. 
3. Now, the next election cycle is starting to heat up and there is much being said on social media and in the news about who is running for President and speculation by Democrats and the TV talking heads about who can beat Trump.So all these many months before the election here is my opinion. For what it may be worth.  Of all the Democrats currently running for President or rumored to be considering a run for the Presidency, only two have a possible chance of beating Trump. One is Bernie Sanders. While I admit he has a chance, I think it may be slim at best. For what it may be worth, there are some negative things that are coming out in social media about Bernie that are not good. I said, For what it may be worth. I take most posts on social media with tongue in cheek for the most part any way.  The other one is Biden, if he chooses to run. He may not run, and he may not beat Trump, but I think he has the best chance of doing so if any one does. 
4. One more observation then I will stop for now. There is one issue that will possibly sink Trump's bid for reelection. And that is his ongoing feud with the late John McCain. John McCain is considered by many to be a war hero. I am not disputing that by any means. I feel that he did a lot of good for the country and I feel that he loved his country. I have friends that live in Arizona and I know that he was falling out of favor by many in the later years of his term in office. Many felt that he was getting a little off track. All that aside, many in the country feel that McCain was a good Senator and was well liked and this continuing feud will turn off many Trump voters if he continues it on the bird site, AKA Twitter.  Trump did admit a couple of days ago that he didn't like John McCain and he never had. He also admitted that he (McCain) was liked by many and was considered a hero. And Trump said, that is fine. They can like him, I don't but that is alright. Now, if he will leave it at that, he may be alright. If he won't, he may be sunk. Again, time will tell. 
5. I had more I was going to post, but will end it for now with this one more post.  My wife and I don't watch most of the popular TV shows but chose to watch the DIY and Food channels. Watching the people cook on the food network, we have noticed that they waste a LOT of food. When fixing a dish for three judges and FILLING  three plates for them to take just a taste, we have to wonder, what happens to the rest of the rest of the food on that plate. Surely someone does not eat after them to clean it up. And a lot of it is scattered around the kitchen while they are cooking. I bet they don't have to clean up behind themselves. My wife and I could eat mostly for free on just what they waste. Well, except we wouldn't eat most of the dishes they cook up any way. Gosh, we haven't even heard of half of the things they use to cook with. Guess the old fashioned food is the best for us any way. It do get entertaining at times, at least for us.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

1 comment:

  1. Did you see the food waste dumpster divers on the Today Show last week? It's astounding the waste and the food unsure people in this country. It makes me a little ill...

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need