Saturday, October 21, 2017

A FEW THINGS I KNOW

I WATCH THE NEWS AND OFTEN VOICE OR WRITE MY OPINION OF THAT NEWS. HAVING SAID THAT, I ADMIT I DON'T REALLY KNOW A LOT, I JUST HAVE AN OPINION.  HOWEVER, THERE ARE A FEW THINGS I DO KNOW.

1. When I was a young boy I read a poem that impressed me. I don't remember now who wrote it, but it was called Hats Off, the Flag is Passing By.  Now I always believed that and I still do. Show respect for the flag and the national anthem.  If and I said IF, those in the foot ball league feel they have a need to protest something, then by all means do so. But to take a knee in protest of the flag and the national anthem is a mark of disrespect, not a show of protest. You can go on your knees in prayer. You can go on your knees or knee to propose to a loved one, you can kneel in respect to royalty where it is in the reigning party. But when the flag of the United States is presented, you stand and put your right hand over your heart. If you have on a hat, you remove it and place it over your heart. If you are in military uniform, you salute it. But you do not take a knee to protest it.  THIS I KNOW.

2.  I just got back from a three day trip to Albuquerque. Two nights in a motel. Traffic noise, sirens and people every where making noise.  It was so nice to go to bed in my own bed, as broke down as it is, and open a window and hear        nothing.  Nothing but the sound of silence. There was some wind in the apple tree but it was a soothing sound, not a cacophonous sound like the city.  I'll take the sound of silence any time. AND THIS I KNOW.

AND FOR NOW, THAT IS THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK 

1 comment:

Answer here if you feel the need