OK, WE HAVE JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS LEFT IN 2016. So, as the end of the year draws to a close, I have a few things I feel to comment on for 2016 and the upcoming 2017.
1. Undoubtedly 2016 has been a year of divisiveness. As in the country has been heavily divided politically as I have never seen in my many years on this third rock. Many people on social media are commenting on the year and looking forward to it's end and the coming of 2017. Yes, it has been a very eventful year for many. My perspective is somewhat different from the media. Social and otherwise.
2. 2016 did not kill all the celebrities that have died this year. Many died from substance abuse. Others from accidents or illness. Hundreds of thousands of people died this year without fanfare. From the same issues as the Celebs. My heart goes out to those in war torn countries that have no recourse but to fight or starve or try to escape to a more friendly country and look for a better life. Children that have no control over what is talking place are torn from parents and family members, left to what ever fate may hand out. They deserve much more attention than any celeb.
3. I am disgusted at the actions of the many that protested and looted and tore up the country when Mr. Trump was elected. I have expressed my opinion of Mr. Trump in past posts, so will not rehash that here. I will only say, he was elected. Live with it and move on. I have mentioned in past that I am a member of the LDS church, AKA the Mormons. I am not ashamed to say so. Now, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has been invited to perform at the inauguration of Mr. Trump and they accepted. Over 17,000 people, presumably church members, have signed an on line petition asking the choir to not do this. For shame. They were invited and they accepted. The leaders of the choir and the church have said that this is something they do. They have performed in the past for inauguration's of both Democrat and Republican presidents. The church has made a statement that this is not an endorsement of political policy, but a statement of freedom and patriotism. Accept that and support it.
4. People are looking forward to 2017 being a better year than 2016. For many it will be, for others it will not. For most of us, it will just be another year of doing what ever we do. There will be successes and failures. Other Celebs will pass away and be mourned by those who idolize them. People will protest President Trump. Others will support him. But when all is said and done, 2017 will be good or bad according to your circumstances and will have nothing to do with what the calendar says.
5. A final thought. Someone on social media has suggested raising $2000.00 in a go fund me account to protect Betty White from death in 2017. So here is the dilemma. If Mrs. White passes away any way, do the donors get their money back? And if she does not, does she get the money? One just has to wonder.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK