Monday, April 25, 2016

MORE OBSERVATIONS

JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS:    I have learned, once again, that I am a nobody.  And I am OK with that.  How do I know?  Well, I like Country music. Old, classic country music.  Recently a classic country music singer/icon passed away. Namely, Merle Haggard.  While this was mentioned on the news, it was just a blip on the news and then gone.  NOW
Prince has passed away and it is on the news morning, noon and night, day after day, and, according to the news,  EVERYBODY, is talking about it and why and what and well on and on.  Well, i am not talking about it.  While I was aware of who Prince was, I could not tell you the name of any song he sang, nor am I playing them over and over now that he is gone.
And then this morning on the news, they talked about a new song/video that Beyonce (I think it was Beyonce) has come out with, and once again EVERYBODY is talking about it.  Well, I am not talking about it. In fact, except on the news this morning, I had never heard of it, and after seeing what they showed on the news, I don't care if I ever hear of it again.
So once again, I realize I am a nobody.  And then on social media, someone said there is only one singer left. I don't remember who that was, but again it was someone I never heard of.  I beg to differ. I will mention just a few that we have left.   Bill Anderson; Mel Tillis; Gene Watson; Willie Nelson; Loretta Lynn; Dolly Parton; Connie Smith.  Just to mention a few.  I am sure that they will also just be a blip on the news when they pass, and the nobody's like me will talk about it, while EVERYBODY, talks about something else.  But I am OK with that. I kinda like being a nobody in this day and time.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need