Monday, January 4, 2010

View From The Ditch Bank

FOUR---Days that is, into the new year 2010, two thousand ten, two thousand and ten. This is being debated in the news. Does it really matter? The year is still the same on the calendar that we use. And have you kept your new year resolutions? All of them? Or do you, like me, not make any. Now, don't get me wrong, I believe that I should make a change in my habits or behavior, I just think I should do that when I realize I have the problem, which is usually when it is brought to my attention. If the problem exists in March, I should make the change then, not wait until the next January. However, that said, I do have somewhat to say about the first of the year evaluation. As the winter solstice has just past and the sun begins it's march back to the north, ( OK OK so the sun is not moving, the earth is actually tipping so the sun will shine longer here in the north this summer, but this is my blog, so I will phrase it in my way )And we begin to make plans for the spring and summer, perhaps this is a good time to make a personal evaluation. Did I actually make a change in that problem last March? Or did I accomplish any of the things I had hoped to accomplish? If so, check it off, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, and check those things I didn't accomplish, and determine why not. If I just didn't, then work harder on it this year. If there were extenuating circumstances, can I work around them this year. So here's to a Happy and prosperous New Year to all of us, and may we all be better people in 365 days than we are now. And That's the View From The Ditch Bank.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wishing the sun would hurry. Just a little this year. It's been WAY too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't rush it. On June 21 it will just start back south again.

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need