Saturday, September 18, 2021

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

 THERE IS NO WAY I CAN KEEP UP ON A REGULAR BASIS WITH THE CONSTANT CHANGES of the local and national government mandates, the updates on the Covid changes, much less the various thoughts on the efficacy of the vaccines available to the public. So, on that note, I will offer a few things I have on my mind and you can ruminate on them if you so desire. 

First; I'll address the Covid pandemic. Is it real. Yes it is. We have family members that have been afflicted with this virus. For some it has been mild and others it has been devastating. We have had a few friends pass away with this virus. So, yes, it is real.  Does the vaccine work?  Some will say yes, some ae saying no, some are saying maybe, but it is my choice, not the governments.   Me, I'm saying that it probably does. I'm vaccinated. Vaccines have been on play for decades for a variety of things and they are effective for those things. Two issue's people have at this point, is that they feel this vaccine was rushed and that the government is mandating you to have it. I don't like the government interference either, but then most things that the vaccines that we are used to don't have a world wide pandemic striking people down either.

Next;  I guess I will mention the government. Of course I will. I don't like Biden. Never did. But he is the President, kinda, so I will live with it and do what puny little I can to blunt his efforts to sabotage us, the American people. No, I will not go to Washington and assault the government.

But I do have to wonder about one thing. Biden said recently that he would sell Atomic Submarines to Australia. OK by me. But France got their undies in a wad and cancelled some festivities of some kind because of that. I have to wonder why does it make a difference to France if Biden sell a sub to Australia. Seems like a good thing to me for the world peace. Including that of France. Guess I just don't understand. 

Last: Will the Covid virus go away. I don't know, but I'm thinking it is here to stay until the Millennium is ushered in. Just like the flu pandemic of a 100 years ago, it will be with us, and we will just get a Covid shot along with our flu shot every year. By the way. Have you got your flu shot this year?

So, I pay attention to the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints that I belong to and follow his advise. And his advise is good and since he is also a retired medical Doctor, I will trust him and follow his advise and look forward to a time when we can once again gather together sans masks and fear of infecting any one. Hugs and handshakes without immediately feeling the need to use a bottle of hand sanitizer. Being able to go to a public park and not wonder if someone left a virus on a hand rail or a water fountain handle or even a bench that I may want to sit on.  Those were better days for sure and I look forward to a time like that again.  At my age, and with the world like it is, I may not ever see it, but hopefully my descendants will.

AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need