Saturday, August 8, 2020

SOME ADDITIONAL OBSERVATIONS

 I'M GETTING OLD, AND I'M OK WITH THAT.  BUT PART OF GETTING OLD, OR MAYBE PART OF ME GETTING OLD, IS THAT THINGS CHANGE AND I DON'T LIKE CHANGE SO MUCH.   Like this blog post. I went on blogger this afternoon to find the format has been "updated". I'm not in favor so much of the update. So, I was told I could change back to the old format, but that was going away on September 1, so why bother.  Just learn to use the new format, or quit blogging.  I assume that the few people who manage to read my drivel would just as soon that I do quit.  But then again, they don't have to read it so I guess I won't.  But I don't like change.

Well, except for one kind of change. You know the kind. The one that jingles in your pocket. And that seems to be going away.  Why? Well that was the initial purpose of this post, until I got on and found the format had changed.  A couple of things about money.  Other than there is never enough, whether you are on welfare or a millionaire. In a  car wash we like to use, in a city not so far away, a few weeks past wouldn't take our money. Nope, they had to have a credit card or a debit card. Cash was not acceptable. When ask why? they said, and I quote,  By order of the governor.  Nope, not true. Well it is true what they told us but not true that the governor made that order. So we had them open the gate and we drove out in a dirty vehicle.  Then a few weeks later ( notice how every thing is a few weeks, another sign of aging) we went to a gas station we use in a city a little closer than the car wash city and was met with a sign on the door, correct change only. When ask why, they said there is a coin shortage. We have since seen a similar sign on a local burger joint that we patronize from time to time.  We also have heard news items about a coin shortage and an abundance of reasons of why.  Some of those reasons;  The federal mint is not minting as many coins as they used to do; Banks are not giving them out because people are buying online and using plastic at local stores; the covid-19 crisis has created a shortage of hard cash flow; and people are hoarding them and they are not in circulation like they should be.  Well, OK, what ever the reason, I'll just save mine for a future time when they may be acceptable again.  Mean while, I'll continue to pay cash, or by on line or whatever is convenient at the time.  Maybe I'm part of the problem.

And finally, you know I can't post a blog without sniping at the tics a bit.  Sometimes I wish we had a good choice for president. And sometimes I wonder if we ever will again. I don't care for Biden. He's been in politics for 40 or 50 years and hasn't solved much yet, so why should we depend on him to do any thing good as president? And whoever he picks as a running mate, will not be good for the country, just good for Joe. Trump had a strong economy going before the covid hit, and he did do some good things for the country, but he has had to fight every day against those who oppose him.  If congress would work as hard for the country as they are to impeach Trump, and if Trump would keep his mouth and tweets shut, maybe we could get something accomplished.  BUT I SUPPOSE THAT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK.

AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need