Thursday, July 2, 2020

MORE OPINIONS

I'M GLAD I DON'T TRY TO WRITE A DAILY BLOG. MY LIFE IS TOO DULL TO MENTION ON A DAILY BASIS AND THE POLITICAL WORLD CHANGES SO FAST THESE DAYS THAT IT IS HARD TO KEEP UP, EVEN ON A WEEKLY BASIS, MUCH LESS A DAILY BASIS.  HOWEVER, I WILL TRY TO SAY A FEW THINGS TODAY.
1. The rule with this pandemic virus going around is to wear a mask and stay 6 feet from any one. That is called social distancing.  Staying 6 feet from people may work for distance, but there can't be any thing social about it.
2. And speaking of masks.  I have to wear one to my medical appointments three days a week for about 5 hours. it comes off when I leave.  My wife and I will wear a mask when we enter a store, because it is demanded of us, but the State government, and I guess a little common sense.  But now our governor has mandated that people will be fined $100.00 if caught not wearing a mask in public.This is not a law, but a health order.  Not sure she can just impose that fine just because she wants too.  As money hungry as she is, I'm sure she would like to collect a lot of those fines.
3. On a similar note, I refuse to live in fear. I will go where I have to go, the emphasis on HAVE to go, and do what I need to do. I refuse to live trembling in my house in fear that if I go our I may catch the virus. I will take necessary precautions, but I will not huddle down in fear.
4. OK  a couple of things of a lighter note. You have seen those facebook postings that go "Could you live here with millions of dollars ( here usually being in the country ) but you could never watch football again? Just tell me where the house is and send me the millions and watch and see.  Foot note. I don't watch football any way, so it wouldn't even be a sacrifice on my part.
5. And finally, when I was younger I used to see these old men with bushy eyebrows, nose and ear hair and I would say   I will never be like that.  Well, I don't have the bushy eyebrows, but I really have to watch the other two things and keep them trimmed.  So, if any young person is reading this drivel, never look at us old timers and say, I will never be like that.  Cause you just may be like that.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need