Wednesday, September 6, 2017

WOW, IT'S BEEN A WHILE

I DIDN'T REALIZE IT HAD BEEN SO LONG SING I POSTED. Apparently I haven't been missed.  well, I could have named this post Random Thoughts. I didn't, but I could have.  Because that is what it is going to be.  A few random thoughts on random subjects.

1. President Trump ended the DACA program.  My thoughts.  This is a good and viable program.  I am surprised at the reaction to this announcement.  Didn't they listen to what he said?  So, here is my understanding of this program.  In 2010 President Obama ask congress to send him a bill that would address the issue of immigrants who were brought her illegally as children. Congress did not do that, so Obama signed a executive order creating DACA. It was set to end in 2020, I think.  I may be wrong on that.  President Trump, under advisement from his advisors, ended the program, but he did the same thing that Obama had done.  Put the onus on Congress, telling them to come up with a program in the next 6 months to address this issue. If they fail to do so, then he said he would revisit the issue himself. He also said that those on this program would be a low priority to be deported.  So, if yo have to protest, protest congress. There is a lot more going on with this issue, but this is enough on it for now from me.

2. Do you watch the food net work on TV?  I do sometimes. I have come to a conclusion. I could not cook for these people. Even if I could cook, I couldn't cook for them. They don't like food, unless it has been saturated in booze.  And they eat things that should not be eaten.  Like chicken feet and pig snouts and cat fish heads.  Things I couldn't or wouldn't cook, even if I knew how to cook.

3. On a related note, I couldn't be a judge on these programs either.  The judges eat these foods and talk about the taste of things I have no clue what they are even talking about.  And one judge says it's too salty, another one says it is not salty enough, one says it is cooked to long and another says it is not cooked long enough.  I look at the things they cook and eat and have to wonder, hw would they survive with just plain old steak and potatoes.

4.  On a show I watched a day or so ago, one cook made a taco.  Now, I like taco's. But this one had beef tripe, peas and something else that just don't fit in my world of tacos.  All I could say was Really.

5. I think I have a sense of humor.  As I watch TV and see the things that are previewed for the upcoming season and billed as comedy, all I can do is shake my head in wonder.  As in, I wonder where any one thinks that trash is comedy. it is not funny, nor humorous. I is mostly lewd and gross and usually down right disgusting.

6. I will end with this.  The digital age.  I use computers, because well, that is the way things are. But the digital age is just getting too much for me.  Speak and some electronic item answers. Order and someone will pick out what you ordered and mail it to you.  Nope, I still like to see what I am getting, especially grocery wise. I do not want a wal mart employee picking out my vegetables.  I still think a lot of the old things are best.

AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answer here if you feel the need