Friday, May 12, 2017

I'VE TRIED

I'VE TRIED TO STAY AWAY FROM THE TICS. I REALLY DID WANT TO GET ON TO OTHER THINGS.
And if the news would just report that something happened and then go on to other things that happened, I would be fine, whether I agree or not.  But this thing with Comey is just going on and on and on till I want to puke.  Not that it happened, but that the talking heads won't let it go.  So, I will weigh in on my opinion, for what ever it may be worth.
The investigation into the election/Russian thing has been going on since last summer.  The investigation into Hillary's e mails has been going on since at least that long.  So far as I know from the talking heads, there has been no connection found between Trump and the Russians. Say what you want about Hillary, her e mails were a scandal.  Should she be prosecuted?  Probably, but that is water under the bridge. If she will just go away, we can get on to other things. If she insists on being front and center, then investigate her thoroughly.  
As for Trump and Comey, it was just a few short weeks back that the Democrats wanted him fired. They felt he wasn't doing enough to find collusion between Trump and Putin. Now that Trump has fired him, all of a sudden they are up in arms and coming up with all kinds of things about the reason for the firing.  Even McCain and other Republicans that wanted him fired and now up in arms against Trump because he fired Comey. Their main problem is that they are losing favor and clout in the Trump administration.
So, should Comey have been fired.  I have no clue. An opinion, perhaps, but no real clue. People like Comey serve at the whim of the President and are traditionally replaced when a new administration comes in any way. Did Trump collude with the Russians? I don't think so. Did Putin try to interfere with the election? Probably so.  Did he have any influence on the outcome? I don't think so, although he may have leaked some information that influenced some people. I feel that most people that voted for Trump was just tired of the Clintons and the Washington "Elite" and wanted something new. And they got it.  Time will tell if that was right, but the talking heads need to report the news and not just regurgitate the same of thing day after day after day.  They may be influencing someone, but they are just disgusting me.
AND THAT'S THE VIEW FROM THE DITCH BANK

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally enjoying watching the sinking Trump ship. It's gonna be really hard for him to spout how awesome he is once he's impeached.

    ReplyDelete

Answer here if you feel the need